Senior Consultant, Financial Advisory
MarshBerry is currently seeking a Senior Consultant based in either our Beachwood, OH or Grandville, MI office. The Senior Consultant will lead merger and acquisition advisory projects and internal perpetuation consulting projects for MarshBerry’s Financial Advisory East Team. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for identifying opportunities, selling projects and fulfilling projects along with the Financial Advisory Team. They will also be responsible for the negotiation, structure, terms and conditions, completion and oversight of the day to day functions with the internal team members as a transaction moves through its cycle of introduction to closing. Additionally, they will be responsible for organizing, participating and leading due diligence engagements, internal perpetuation consulting and other ad hoc projects.
The main responsibilities include:
- Serve as client-facing Consultant on M&A engagements, internal perpetuation consulting, and due diligence projects.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships through regular client contact including seminars, exchange network meetings, client visits, and industry events.
- Drive successful deals by developing and maintaining relationships and revenue generating activities with clients.
- Develop and secure new client relationships.
- Research, write, and structure client ready work.
- Sell side engagements: build financial models, identify and contact potential buyers, manage the M&A process for clients and handle negotiations, assist seller in due diligence process as requested, and provide business expertise to legal advisers.
- Buy side engagements: build financial models, handle negotiations, and manage the M&A and due diligence process of target firms for the buyer.
- Prepare perpetuation plans and provide perpetuation consulting services to clients.
- Conduct quality review of project components, developing timelines and ensuring that they are met.
- Identify issues affecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues. Lead team to resolve problems identified and proactively find solutions for clients.
- Train, coach, and provide project direction and mentoring to Financial Analysts and Consultants.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changes incorporating “best practices” in the development of services, deliverables, quality standards, policies and programs.
- Publish articles on M&A, perpetuation, and other topics affecting the insurance distribution system.
- Any other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned.
- Study for and pass required licensing exams to become a registered representative of our affiliated broker dealer.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management, Master’s degree preferred.
- Additional Professional Designations, Certifications or Licenses are a plus, such as, CPA, CVA/AVA, CPCU, AM&AA, insurance licenses and/or FINRA licenses.
- 5-7 plus years of experience within financial services, mergers and acquisitions, operations/financial management or financial consulting. Experience within the insurance industry is a plus.
- Experience consulting and advising clients on operational, financial and strategic plans and issues. Experience publishing articles and conducting industry research a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; must have experience developing and delivering effective presentations to small and large audiences. Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen; ability to grasp new business concepts and issues.
- Strong sales aptitude and proven ability to develop relationships with clients and prospective clients via face to face interaction, telephone and email communication.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access or similar database.
- Analytical, proactive problem solving skills: techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Organized with demonstrated attention to detail; able to manage, prioritizes and brings to completion multiple projects.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi task; able to complete projects and responsibilities with extreme attention to detail according to required timelines and deadlines, along with capacity to work, on multiple projects on any given day, under pressure to create accurate results, demonstrating thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Confident: Poised and acts in a confident manner to facilitate completion of work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-40% of the time.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading adviser for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.