MarshBerry is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Beachwood, OH office. The Administrative Assistant provides professional administrative support and value added service to internal customers. This position will provide support to assigned teams with preparing various client ready reports, correspondence and presentations, answering phone calls and email, assisting with meeting preparation and scheduling, and various other administrative duties.
The main responsibilities include:
- Provides support to assigned teams with preparing various client ready reports, correspondence and presentations resulting in error free documents.
- Performs research and web searches for assigned teams. Compiles information and creates excel lists and reports.
- Communicate effectively to both internal and external customers through written correspondence, email and phone.
- Perform various general office duties, such as ordering supplies, travel arrangements, completing expense reports and meeting preparations.
- Provide production support by printing, binding, collating and mailing of MarshBerry reports, documents, literature and various other such materials.
- Update information in CRM database and assist with ongoing maintenance.
- Support the total organization with various administrative / office duties, as needed.
- Provides back-up support to front desk receptionist which includes greeting guests, answering phone calls and mail distribution.
- Special assignments or projects as assigned by management.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- High School diploma required, college degree helpful (A.A, + degree or equivalent).
- Certification or advanced administrative training preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of administrative experience in financial services, insurance or consulting.
- Accounting related knowledge of balance sheets, income statements and expense reports is helpful.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access or similar database. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Power Point is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with demonstrated creativity with regard to work.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Analytical, proactive problem solving skills: techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skilfully.
- Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and be accountable for actions and conduct.
- Confidentiality; maintains confidentiality at all times with proprietary information, internal and external communication.
- Team oriented: Positive and professional, able to show consideration for and maintain good working relations with co-workers and remains opens to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Exceptional organization skills; using systematic methods to perform work and creativity to recommend or create new work methods or procedures.
- Ability to multi-task; able to complete simultaneous projects and responsibilities with extreme attention to detail according to required timelines and deadlines.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.