Buy and Sell Side M&A Advisory*
We believe that MarshBerry’s seasoned professionals and industry experience can provide tremendous value for virtually any buyer or seller in the insurance distribution market. Our proficiency spans all stages of an acquisition or sale – from the earliest planning and strategy work through the all-important post-closing management.
Buy Side Advisory
From preparation to deal negotiation, we feel MarshBerry’s Merger & Acquisition seasoned professionals and industry experience can be a tremendous asset for any business in the insurance distribution market looking to acquire a business.
Acquiring an agency can be a valuable tool to drive growth, create market opportunities and leverage economies of scale. However – acquisitions are not right for everyone. There is a big difference between completing an acquisition and completing a successful acquisition that enhances long-term shareholder value.
Engagement with an experienced M&A adviser can often help move one through the process much easier. MarshBerry’s start to finish engagement with your organization can help you to:
- Develop strategic rationale for acquisition
- Generate accurate agency valuation
- Identify economies of scale
- Analyze book of business to determine profitability
- Develop pricing and structure
- Due diligence
- Integration plan of new people into organization
Sell Side Advisory
From preparation to deal execution, we feel MarshBerry’s Merger & Acquisition seasoned professionals and industry experience can be a tremendous asset for any business in the insurance distribution market looking to sell. Through a timely, controlled and well-designed marketing strategy, we focus attention on helping to maximize client value and strategic objectives.
Agency owners and principals often struggle to determine what’s best for their business. Many agencies need to determine if they should perpetuate leadership, relationships and ownership, buy an agency, implement organic growth strategies – or sell their business.
The decision to sell can be difficult and requires an analysis of the quantitative and qualitative factors involved. By engaging an experienced M&A adviser an agency can often navigate the process much easier. MarshBerry’s start to finish engagement with your organization can help you to:
- Continue to manage your agency for growth and profitability
- Understand financial implications of a sale
- Comprehend market dynamics and their impact on valuation
- Understand transaction tax implications1
- Grasp post-transaction events and changes
* Investment banking services offered through MarshBerry Capital, Inc., Member FINRA Member SIPC and an affiliate of Marsh, Berry & Company, Inc. 28601 Chagrin Boulevard, Suite 400, Woodmere, Ohio 44122 (440.354.3230). Contact Us
1Marsh, Berry & Company, Inc. and MarshBerry Capital, Inc. do not provide tax or legal advice. Tax and legal professionals should be consulted separately before making any decisions that may have tax or legal implications.