The Executive Assistant will provide professional support and value added services to two Executive Vice Presidents. Responsibilities include manage and maintain executive calendars, schedule and coordinate client meetings, communicate with clients to determine needs and suggest solutions, facilitate travel, meetings and off-site events, preparing client ready reports and presentations. Provide general administrative support as needed.
The main responsibilities include:
- Provides high-level administrative support to company executives. Maintains smooth operations during their frequent travels and assures uninterrupted communication between staff and clients.
- Reads and analyzes incoming communications, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plans their distribution. Evaluates correspondence and responds to incoming confidential matters for executives and staff.
- Manage and maintain managers’ and executives’ schedules; research, plan and make travel arrangements. Coordinate travel for executives and clients as needed. Complete expense reports.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings; prepare agenda, communicate details, and attend meetings as required to record and distribute minutes.
- Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including developing, compiling and preparing various client ready reports, memos and letters. As well as format reports and presentations resulting in error free documents.
- Prepare responses to client and internal correspondence; review, prioritize and respond to email.
- Maintain client information and records. Keep client relationship management system (CRM) up to date with important client information.
- Review operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures or expenditures
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- High School diploma required, college degree helpful (A.A, + degree or equivalent).
- Certification or advanced administrative training preferred.
- Minimum of five years of executive office administration.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access or similar database. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Power Point is strongly preferred.
- Analytical, proactive problem-solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and be accountable for actions and conduct
- Confidentiality: maintains confidentiality of proprietary information as well as internal and external communication
- Team oriented: Positive and professional, able to show consideration for and maintain good working relations with co-workers remains opens to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with demonstrated creativity with regard to work. Excellent spelling, grammar as well as good phone skills
- Exceptional organizational skills; using systematic methods to perform work and creativity to recommend or create new work methods or procedures
- Ability to multi task; able to complete projects and responsibilities with extreme attention to detail according to required timelines and deadlines, along with capacity to work under pressure to create accurate results, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Self-motivated: Self-starter with ability to prioritize make appropriate decisions.
- Confident; Poised and acts in a confident manner to facilitate completion of work assignment or to defend a position or idea
- High ethics: Posses’ strong moral and ethical fortitude, prescribing to the values, standards and policies of MarshBerry.
- Dependable: Consistently at work and on time, flexible to the needs of the organization.
- Open to feedback: follows instructions, responds to management directions and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.