New Business Development Consultant
MarshBerry is currently seeking a New Business Development Consultant for our Plano, TX or Beachwood, OH office. The New Business Development Consultant will work nationally, follow MarshBerry’s proven sales process, and identify potential new clients, build relationships, and position MarshBerry as a trusted advisor.
The New Business Development Consultant will work with MarshBerry’s solution teams to develop recommendations that can help their prospects achieve their company objectives. These solutions can range from benchmarking services, to financial and organic growth consulting and mergers and acquisitions.
We are seeking a sales professional with a proven track record and desire to sell to C suite executives and business owners.
The main responsibilities include:
- Follow the MarshBerry Sales Process (MSP).
- Proactive prospecting through new phone conversations and in person networking at industry events.
- Develop intelligence on prospects in order to recognize opportunities and help position MarshBerry as a strategic partner.
- Establishes and maintains positive and mutually profitable client relationships.
- Identify a range of issues affecting prospects and involve the appropriate MarshBerry team to proactively find solutions for them.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and changes.
- Publish articles and delivers presentations on timely topics affecting the industry.
- Any other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Communications or related degrees.
- Advanced degrees or professional designations are a plus.
- Three to five plus years’ experience in sales, financial services, consulting or insurance.
- Formal sales training is strongly preferred such as, Sandler, Wilson Learning, IMPAX or equivalent.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point Microsoft Dynamics CRM or similar CRM.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with demonstrated creativity with regard to work.
- Outstanding customer service; an enthusiastic professional able to build relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities and expectations.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time; includes overnight and weekend travel.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.