Senior Consultant, Due Diligence
- MarshBerry is currently seeking a Senior Consultant based in either our Beachwood, OH or Grandville, MI office. The Senior Consultant will lead merger and acquisition advisory projects and consulting projects for MarshBerry’s Financial Advisory Team, with a focus in due diligence engagements. The Senior Consultant will also be responsible for developing relationships with existing clients and new prospects, identifying opportunities, and selling projects.
- The main responsibilities include:
- Serve as the client facing lead primarily on due diligence engagements and financial consulting projects, as well as M&A advisory engagements.
- Lead diligence engagements, maintain the client relationship, and lead the engagement team.
- Train, coach, and provide project direction and mentoring to analysts and other team members.
- Research, write, and structure client ready work.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changes, incorporating best practices in the development of services, deliverables, quality standards, policies, and programs.
- Conduct quality review of project components, develop timelines and ensure that they are met.
- Identify issues affecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues. Lead team to resolve problems identified and proactively find solutions for clients.
- Lead both sell-side and buy-side M&A advisory engagements (including financial analysis and models, structuring of deal, negotiations, oversight of the day-to-day deal process, and ultimately lead to a successful closing of transaction.
- Publish articles on transaction advisory, diligence, financial consulting, valuation, and other topics affecting the insurance distribution system.
- Any other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Master’s degree preferred.
- Additional professional designations, certifications or licenses are a plus, such as, CPA, CVA, ASA, CFA, and FINRA licenses.
- 8-10 plus years of experience in assurance services, transaction advisory, or financial consulting.
- Experience consulting and advising clients on operational, financial, and strategic issues.
- Experience developing and delivering effective presentations to small and large audiences. Strong written communication skills are also required.
- Demonstrated business acumen; ability to quickly grasp new business concepts and issues.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Proficient with technology; including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Analytical, with proactive problem-solving skills: Capability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Organized with strong attention to detail while being able to successfully manage multiple engagements.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-40% of the time.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
- This position will also require passing of required licensing exams to become a registered representative of our affiliated broker dealer within a short time period after hire.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. MarshBerry offers merger and acquisition advisory services through its affiliated FINRA-registered Broker-Dealer, MarshBerry Capital, Inc. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.