Consultant, Capital Markets
MarshBerry is currently seeking a Consultant based in New York NY office. The Consultant will generate and execute debt and equity capital raise projects and consulting projects for MarshBerry’s Financial Advisory Team. The Consultant will also be responsible for developing relationships with existing clients and new prospects, identifying opportunities, and selling projects.
The main responsibilities include:
- Serve as the client facing lead on debt and equity capital raising projects.
- Evaluate market opportunities, rating agency treatment, balance sheet impact, etc.
- Manage banking relationships.
- Manage loan syndication process.
- Define and implement capital return strategies.
- Assist clients with financial projections upon which loan proposals are made.
- Maintain the client relationship to ensure successful project execution.
- Research, write, and structure client ready work.
- Conduct quality review of project components, develop timelines and ensure that they are met
- Implement a business development strategy focused on under-levered firms or firms that require optimization of their capital structures.
- Seek and coordinate new business development activities through active relationship building techniques, responding to new business inquiries, developing marketing strategies, and assisting with external and internal branding execution.
- Identify issues affecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues. Lead team to resolve problems identified and proactively find solutions for clients.Publish articles on capital markets and the leveraged buyout and recapitalization marketplace for the insurance distribution system.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changes, incorporating best practices in the development of services, deliverables, quality standards, policies, and programs.
- Other special projects, tasks or dutie as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Master’s degree preferred.
- Additional professional designations, certifications or licenses are a plus, such as, CPA, CVA, ASA, CFA, and FINRA licenses.
- 5-7 plus years of experience in capital markets, transaction advisory, or financial consulting.
- Experience consulting and advising clients on operational, financial, and strategic issues.
- Experience developing and delivering effective presentations to small and large audiences. Strong written communication skills are also required.
- Demonstrated business acumen; ability to quickly grasp new business concepts and issues.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Proficient with technology; including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Analytical, with proactive problem-solving skills: Capability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Organized with strong attention to detail while being able to successfully manage multiple engagements.
- Ability to travel approximately 25-40% of the time.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
- This position will also require passing of required licensing exams to become a registered representative of our affiliated broker dealer within a short time period after hire.