MarshBerry is currently seeking an Executive Assistant for our NYC office. The Executive Assistant will provide professional support and value-added services to MarshBerry executives and team members in the NYC office. Responsibilities include managing and maintaining calendars, scheduling and coordinating client meetings, communicating with clients to determine needs and suggesting solutions, facilitating travel, meetings and off-site events, preparing client ready reports and presentations. The Executive Assistant provides office management, facilities support and general administrative support as needed.
The main responsibilities include:
- Provides high-level administrative support to company executives and team members. Maintains smooth operations during their frequent travels and assures uninterrupted communication between staff and clients.
- Reads and analyzes incoming communications, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plans their distribution. Evaluates correspondence and responds to incoming confidential matters for executives and team members.
- Manages and maintains schedules; research, plan and make travel arrangements. Coordinate travel for executives and clients as needed. Complete expense reports.
- Provides office and facilities support including, correspondence with building management, ordering supplies, stocking common areas, submitting IT requests, and other office management responsibilities as needed.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings; prepare agenda, communicate details, and attend meetings as required to record and distribute minutes.
- Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including developing, compiling and preparing various client ready reports, memos and letters. As well as format reports and presentations resulting in error free documents.
- Prepares responses to client and internal correspondence; review, prioritize and respond to email.
- Maintains client information and records. Keep client relationship management system (CRM) up to date with important client information.
- Reviews operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures or expenditures.
- Provides back up support to administrative support team as needed and assists with completion of AdminDesk tickets.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- High School diploma required, college degree helpful (A.A, + degree or equivalent).
- Certification or advanced administrative training preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of executive office administration. Office management experience preferred. Experience in financial services, insurance and/or consulting is a plus.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access or similar database. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Power Point is strongly preferred. Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and be accountable for actions and conduct
- Confidentiality: maintains confidentiality of proprietary information as well as internal and external communication
- Team oriented: Positive and professional, able to show consideration for and maintain good working relations with co-workers remains opens to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with demonstrated creativity with regard to work. Excellent spelling, grammar as well as good phone skills
- Exceptional organizational skills; using systematic methods to perform work and creativity to recommend or create new work methods or procedures
- Ability to multi task; able to complete projects and responsibilities with extreme attention to detail according to required timelines and deadlines, along with capacity to work under pressure to create accurate results, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality
- Self-motivated: Self-starter with ability to prioritize make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.