Sell Side Practice Leader
MarshBerry is seeking a Sell Side Practice Leader for the Financial Advisory Team based either our Beachwood OH, Grandville MI, New York NY or Dana Point CA office. Candidates at the Director, VP, and SVP levels will be considered, with level being determined by candidate experience. The Sell Side Practice Leader will provide leadership, oversight, and technical expertise to MarshBerry’s Sell Side Advisory Practice on our Financial Advisory Team ensuring that MarshBerry services are delivered effectively, efficiently, and consistently. In addition to the fulfilment of sell side projects, the Practice Leader will monitor the status of all active sell side deals, collaborating with Project Leads to address needs and review project work. The Practice Leader will drive continual improvement and enhancement of MarshBerry sell side processes, resources, and deliverables. The Practice Leader will visit each of our Financial Advisory office locations on a frequent basis to assess and support project and staff needs.
The main responsibilities include:
- Serve as client-facing project lead on sell side engagements, responsible for strategy and implementation of client deliverables, quality review of project components, and ensuring project timelines are met.
- Drive successful deals by developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Research, write, structure client ready work.
- Serve as a leader and primary resource for sell side support to Financial Advisory team members, providing training, guidance, and technical expertise.
- Monitor the status of all active sell side projects, tracking projects from initiation to completion and ensuring that project timelines and commitments are met to client satisfaction.
- Monitor sell side opportunities to keep abreast of upcoming engagements in order to assess future back log and human capital needs.
- Conduct analysis and detailed reviews of project work.
- Assess and provide support to projects in areas of need such as contract review, deal negotiation, and aggressive process.
- Collaborate with project leads to identify and understand factors impacting project status and develop strategies to effectively resolve issues.
- Communicates guidelines and procedures to all consultants performing sell side advisory services.
- Identify and make improvements to deal processes, deliverables, and quality control measures to ensure accuracy, consistency, client satisfaction, and mitigation of risk; Stays abreast of industry trends and changes incorporating “best practices”.
- Recognize opportunities for growth and implement strategies that will enhance company market share, revenue growth and profitability.
- Develop and Maintain library of accessible templates, models, deliverables, and resources for use in sell side deal process.
- Deliver presentations and publish articles on timely investment banking related topics affecting the industry..
- Develop and manage team members through consistent and constructive feedback, monitoring progress, identifying training and resource needs, recommending promotions and terminations; Create performance KPIs, conduct reviews, and implement development plans for direct reports, if applicable.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management. Master’s degree preferred.
- Additional Professional Designations or Certifications desired, such as: CPA, CVA/AVA, AM&AA
- Ability to obtain the Series 79, 63, and 62 licenses.
- 7+ years of experience within mergers and acquisitions, transaction advisory, investment banking, financial services, or financial consulting.
- Proven experience in leading teams to achieve and exceed goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated industry business acumen; ability to grasp new business concepts.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Analytical, proactive problem-solving skills: techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Excellent project management; with analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Organized with demonstrated attention to detail; able to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with demonstrated creativity with regard to work.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time; includes overnight and limited weekend travel.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. MarshBerry offers merger and acquisition advisory services through its affiliated FINRA-registered Broker-Dealer, MarshBerry Capital, Inc. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.