Director of Research
MarshBerry is currently seeking a Director of Research for our Beachwood, OH office. The Director of Research leads the strategy and execution of research and data analytics initiatives by leveraging MarshBerry’s internal data warehouse and external data sources. Plans and executes data analytics strategy and methodologies for how data and content is collected, analyzed and delivered to clients. The Director of Research identifies and interprets trends in the economy and industry to gain better understanding of the market environment and determine strategies for the future. Collaborates with various business units to gather, analyze and report research findings to support their team’s goals.
The main responsibilities include:
- Leads the strategy and execution of research and data analytics initiatives. Establishes the research strategy and methodologies for how data and content is collected and delivered to clients.
- Identifies, collects and analyses internal and external data sources to make recommendations on MarshBerry’s product and service offerings.
- Identifies and interprets trends in the economy and industry to gain a better understanding of the market environment and determine strategies for the future.
- Serves in a leadership role for the Intellectual Capital team and is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, training, development, setting priorities, coaching and delivering performance feedback.
- Collaborates with Marketing and other teams to execute strategic initiatives assigned to the Research team.
- Through expertise in MarshBerry's internal data stores, as well as industry-specific sources available externally, serve as a primary source of knowledge and research for MarshBerry's internal staff of consultants.
- Sets guidelines for data consistency and analytical methodologies. Establish operating procedures and implement improvements as needed.
- Manages research needs for MarshBerry's monthly publications, research reports and ad hoc white papers.
- Stays abreast of industry and economic trends changes incorporating "proven practices" in the development of services, quality standards, policies, and programs.
- Reviews recommended product improvements and prioritize product enhancement implementation.
- Completes projects in desired timeframe utilizing prioritization skills to keep multiple projects progressing on target.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics.
- 7-10+ years of research and analyzing data, preferably financial and operational data. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and other software as it applies.
- High level of computer and software competency; proficient with database administration and infrastructure.
- Analytical, proactive problem-solving skills: techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills. Both written and verbal skills with demonstrated creativity in their work. Excellent spelling, grammar as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Uses systematic methods to perform work and creativity to recommend or create new work methods or procedures.
- Ability to multi task. Able to complete projects and responsibilities with extreme attention to detail according to required timelines and deadlines, along with capacity to work under pressure to create accurate results, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Self-motivated. Self-starter with ability to prioritize and make appropriate decisions.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.