MarshBerry is seeking an Application Developer in our Beachwood, OH office. The Application Developer is responsible for architecting, creating, maintaining, and supporting internally developed applications and services. Collaborates with users and teams to identify application issues and develop solutions. Maintains integrity of data related to all applications in use. Creates reports from both internally developed applications and 3rd party application to help our team make more informed decisions.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Translate abstract solution designs into working code with oversite from business contact and other team members; while applying best practice knowledge in solution development.
- Performs unit and integration testing.
- Create, maintain, and update documentation of project code and technical processes.
- Follow best practices in migration of solutions from development to production environment.
- Assist in training and support of end-users on developed applications and other MarshBerry systems.
- Collaborate with other users and teams in the development of solutions, including requirement gathering/evaluation.
- Grow knowledge and be aware of best practices and market trends while consistently providing input on how to improve internal efficiencies.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Windows application development with work experience that demonstrates exceptional design, coding, testing, and debugging skills.
- Prior experience with developing, deploying, and maintaining web-based applications built on Microsoft Azure services.
- Prior experience with DevExpress Platform and the Entity Framework is preferred.
- Proven experience taking complex solutions from concept to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to decipher complex code and make robust updates to pre-existing applications.
- Able to quickly grasp both business and technical concepts and solve difficult technical problems on your own by leveraging the resources available.
- Driven to learn and stay current in an ever-changing technical landscape.
- Ability to speak and write with ease, clarity, and impact while using a communication style applicable to the subject and audience.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.