Sales Performance Coach
MarshBerry is currently seeking a Sales Performance Coach for our Beachwood, OH or Grandville, MI office. The Sales Performance Coach will focus on coaching and development of salespeople at client’s insurance agencies. The Sales Performance Coach will manage their production force by monitoring new business sales, training producers on a consultative sales process, and coaching those producers through difficult sales situations they encounter.
The main responsibilities include:
- Conduct coaching calls with salespeople at client’s agencies, primarily via phone or video. Review their prospecting activity and strategies, active prospects, and value proposition development. Create action items for each individual salesperson to implement.
- Conduct monthly mentor calls with sales leaders.
- Follow up regularly with each engaged salesperson for updates on their activity and production from the previous call and identify areas for further coaching opportunities.
- Assist sales leaders with business plans and revenue projections.
- Seek and coordinate new business development activities in current product line and opportunities for new services through active relationship building techniques.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technology changes incorporating “best practices” in the development of technology, quality standards, policies and programs. Constantly update presentation content accordingly.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for Sales Performance clients. Over time the consultant will deliver presentations.
- Publish articles on sales performance topics affecting the insurance distribution system.
- Establish priorities, schedule and manage daily work flow, provide consistent and constructive feedback.
- Recognize opportunities for growth and implement strategies that will enhance client satisfaction, company market share, revenue growth and profitability.
- Identify issues effecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues/concerns.
- Any other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned.
- New client project initiation and renewal opportunities with existing clients.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing, Communications, or related degrees.
- Insurance license(s) required.
- Three to five years’ experience in insurance.
- Organically developed and or managed an insurance book of business (preferably middle market accounts).
- Formal sales training is strongly preferred such as, PSS, Sandler, Wilson Learning, IMPAX or equivalent.
- Managed a sales team previously is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access or similar database.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal with demonstrated creativity with regard to work.
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities and expectations.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
- Outstanding customer service; an enthusiastic professional able to build relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Must like to work in a fast-paced, professional team environment. Must possess a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time; includes overnight and weekend travel.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales performance, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.