MarshBerry is currently seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst for our Beachwood, OH office. The FP&A Analyst provides support for the CFO, CEO, and Corporate Accounting Team through financial analysis, reporting, and budget development for our growing organization. They will collaborate with all teams across our organization, and play a key role in helping to improve many aspects of how we operate and leverage information. This will include, but not be limited to, CRM-based dashboard reporting, sales effectiveness reporting, compensation plan design & administration, accounting related process improvements, and a wide range of other complex, predictive-analytic, and ROI-driven reporting.
The main responsibilities include:
- Analyze and create key performance indicators across all areas of sales activity, revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly financial reporting package, and monthly/quarterly business review packages; ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Help analyze and improve compensation plans across the company.
- Establish and evaluate profit plans.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Participate in annual budget creation.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis to address existing and evolving business needs.
- Use run-rates and other key expense drivers to generate detailed expense budgets for major areas of spending.
- Update key financial models with current actuals and develop monthly/quarterly forecast for remainder of the year.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Excel, Power Point and accounting or finance software packages. Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Great Plains experience a plus.
- Professional presentation and conduct working with internal and external clients.
- Solid analytical skills and proactive problem solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skilfully and able to make appropriate decisions.
- Confidentiality; maintains confidentiality with proprietary information and all internal and external communication.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; using systematic methods to perform work and ability to recommend or create new work methods or procedures.
- Detail-oriented; pays high degree of attention to all details and accuracy of all tasks performed.
- High ethics; posses’ strong moral and ethical fortitude, prescribing to the values, standards and policies of MarshBerry.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading adviser for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.