MarshBerry is seeking to add another Relationship Manager (internally known as Platform Strategy Consultant) to our team. This multifaceted sales and fulfillment role aimed at leveraging the production and needs assessment skills of insurance professionals with previous carrier or brokerage experience. Strategy Consultants at MarshBerry work with agencies and brokers who join our peer to peer network. These members share best practices, financial data, and thought leadership in a non-competitive setting. You may know this group as APEX or Bank/TASC but now it is branded as Connect. More than 140 firms are members and they are all focused on organic growth and improving their businesses.
Out of this same network, the MarshBerry Connect Platform was launched to challenge what independently owned agencies could do differently in the category of “Agency Aggregation”. Now, after only 1 year, our “Platform” is already the 3rd largest Agency Partnership, as ranked by Insurance Journal. However, carrier compensation isn’t our leading objective. Instead we’re helping these organic growth focused firms grow even faster and stronger so mutually aligned Premier Partners (carriers) grow faster and stronger with us.
As a Platform Strategy Consultant, using your network, production, insurance, and needs assessment skills, you will develop new and existing members of Connect so they may join our Agency Partnership as well. As their Platform Strategy Consultant, you will remain fully engaged with the new member, stewarding them through the on-boarding and optimization/utilization processes of the Platform.
To ensure each member can achieve their intended ROI from our agency partnership, the Platform Strategy Consultant uses RiskMatch™, a cutting-edge data management software directly connected to their Agency Management System. This helps identify and assist in our unique value creation process. Beyond just working with agency leadership, you will be able to build deep ties with other critical internal stakeholders within the client’s firm. Along with leveraging our 120-Day KPI standards, Platform Strategy Consultants build credibility and trust by helping to build, manage and (co-) facilitate Practice and WorkGroup deliverables, based on your areas of specialization or interest.
Since only MarshBerry Connect network members may be on our Platform, you often collaborate with other MarshBerry associates to identify, recruit, and sign New or Former network member candidates. The opportunity to create lasting bonds with these same firms throughout their life cycle provides many cross and up-sale benefits to the Strategy Consultant as well.
An ESOP owned entity, MarshBerry and the Connect Platform is based in Woodmere, OH (Cleveland). However, this position may be located in another MarshBerry office or remote location, where practical.
The main responsibilities include:
- Develop and implements strategies for New Members to join and collaborate with the Connect Platform. Coordinate with other business unit leaders, field and respond to new business inquiries and assist with external and internal branding execution.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing Platform and Network members to successfully build alignment, credibility, and ultimately a portfolio of business to help achieve member objectives. Leverage our primary tools to build a rapport thru our on-boarding process, RiskMatch, and the 120-day Rolling KPIs meetings.
- Identify opportunities for new product offerings and cross selling other MarshBerry products and services. Recognize the opportunities for growth, enhanced client satisfaction, and expanded market share when a Member fully deploys the Platform’s capabilities to drive growth, performance, and profitability for a Platform Member. Additionally, identify issues affecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues/concerns.
- Manage and (co)Facilitate 1-2 Strategic Issues Groups.
- Manage and (co) Facilitate Practice and/or Work Groups supporting facets of the Platform.
- Cross and Up-Sell Connect Networks, Sales Performance, and Strategy or Management Consulting Projects to SIG members, assigned Platform members, and MarshBerry prospects.
- Create content related to the Insurance Distribution systems including agency efficiencies, insurance and sales thought leadership, and Platform Collaboration expressed thru published articles, social media, blogging, and video mediums to drive dialogue and build member inspired conversations.
- Collaborates with internal business units such as Marketing and Intellectual Capital to conduct market research and implement marketing strategies.
- Special projects, tasks or duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Professional Designations or Insurance Certifications like RPLU, CIC ARE, CPCU are a plus
- 5-10+ years of experience in a Marketing or Production Underwriting role with a Commercial Lines carrier or as an Insurance Marketer/Producer for an Insurance Agency/Broker. Leadership and/or Management experience in these same areas is preferred.
- Proven experience to achieve and exceed division goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated industry business acumen; ability to grasp and actively engage in the creation of new business concepts and issues.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Analytical, proactive problem-solving skills: Critical Thinking techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Organized with demonstrated attention to detail; able to manage, prioritizes and brings to completion multiple projects.
- Excellent project management; with analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask
- Sales aptitude.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time; includes overnight and weekend travel.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) has focused on providing consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. These services included but were not limited to financial, operational, sales performance, and peer-to-peer exchange and information services. Most notably, MarshBerry remains the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
Recently, we established a wholly-owned Agency Partnership (the MarshBerry Connect Platform) to assist members of our existing peer-to-peer exchanges in driving greater value and performance to their clients, talent, and carrier partners.
Since 1981, MarshBerry has been recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission - to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value remains the same. Clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals, and our new Platform is fully aligned with these objectives.
Primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states, our teams of talented and driven ESOP stakeholders make us the successful, growing company we are today. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.