Vice President, Business Development
Vice President, Business Development
MarshBerry is currently seeking a Vice President for one of the following locations: Beachwood, OH, Grandville, MI, Dana Point, CA, New York, NY or Chicago, IL. The Vice President will be responsible for the origination and closing for all of MarshBerry’s products and services nationally to achieve revenue goals. The Vice President is focused on new business origination but may fulfill strategic planning and other projects as needed. They will develop long-term client relationships to drive value for our clients and lead to future business for MarshBerry. The Vice President will become an expert in MarshBerry’s products and services to drive revenue for all teams across the company. They will focus on personal branding through networking, speaking engagements and authoring articles for MarshBerry and industry publications.
The main responsibilities include:
- Generate new business for all of MarshBerry’s products and services nationally to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Fulfill strategic planning and other management consulting services as needed or identify appropriate team members to fulfill projects.
- Develops lasting client relationships that drive revenue for our clients and lead to future business for MarshBerry.
- Collaborates with unit leaders and managers across the company to understand their lines of business and identify new business opportunities.
- Develop, coach and mentor consultants on new business development and closing techniques.
- Ensures CRM is kept up to date with current and prospective client information. Provide updates on current pipeline activity at sales meetings.
- Assist with development of marketing strategies and materials that align with service delivery strategies, as well as assist with external and internal branding execution.
- Developing relationships with clients and other business unit managers to ensure client retention. Provide high level of service to clients and proactively provide additional consulting solutions.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and changes incorporating "proven practices" in the development of services, quality standards, policies, and programs.
- Identify issues effecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues/concerns.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Publish articles and deliver presentations on timely topics affecting the insurance industry.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related degrees. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Related professional designations and licenses are preferred.
- 7 - 10+ years of business development leadership experience. Experience in sales and mergers & acquisitions within the insurance industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and other software as it applies.
- Proven track record of success in achieving sales goals.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, proactive problem-solving skills. Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to accept responsibility and be accountable for actions and hold team members accountable.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information and that of clients.
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales performance, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.