MarshBerry is currently seeking an Accountant for our Beachwood, OH office. The Accountant provides accounting support for all of MarshBerry’s entities by processing and reviewing accounting transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance of processes and procedures. The account will assist with process improvement initiatives including, but not limited to, enhancements and management of accounting system, streamlining processes while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency, and development of processes and procedures and their ongoing review.
The main responsibilities include:
- Complete month end closings including, but not limited to, processing transactions, journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Maintain various monthly schedules to support transactional details for the financials and assist with review of monthly financials.
- Assists with year-end audit.
- Accounts Payable: Maintain vendor files, obtain proper approval for invoices, processing for payment, and annual 1099’s.
- Accounts Receivable: GP sales batches, other miscellaneous invoicing, cash receipts, aging and collections.
- Process state filing requirements and maintain all state files for notices and acknowledgements.
- Make bank deposits, complete monthly bank reconciliations, and assist with managing/monitoring all accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Assets including depreciation schedules, proper recording of new purchases, transfers, disposals, and physical inventories of all locations.
- Oversee American Express and Expense Report transactions.
- Maintain summary and tracking of all files for the MarshBerry aircraft, including entering data into the Advocate Portal for the tax calculations.
- Assist with benefit administration including, but not limited to, auditing benefit bills.
- Oversee all correspondences in the Accounting Outlook inbox.
- Contribute to ongoing enhancements for the accounting software package, collaborating with IT and business units to continuously improve accounting system reporting capabilities.
- Develop and maintain written documentation and procedures for all processes and assist with maintaining the Accounting Compliance calendar.
- Prepare and review business insurance applications.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Management. CPA is a plus.
- 5+ years or more of general accounting experience.
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Experience with accounting and finance software packages. Microsoft Great Plains experience.
- Professional presentation and conduct working with internal and external clients.
- Solid analytical skills and proactive problem solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and able to make appropriate decisions.
- Maintains confidentiality with proprietary information and all internal and external communication.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Positive and professional, able to show consideration for and maintain good working relations with co-workers.
- Detail-oriented; pays high degree of attention to all details and accuracy of all tasks performed.
- High ethics; posses’ strong moral and ethical fortitude, prescribing to the values, standards and policies of MarshBerry.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.