MORE THAN A NETWORK GROUP, BENCHMARKING PROGRAM OR GENERIC AGGREGATOR
One company providing growth solutions for agencies of any size
FirstChoice, a MarshBerry company, combines two top-tier agency networks, MarshBerry Platform and First Choice Agents Alliance, into one unified model that helps agencies maximize their revenue and accelerate their growth.
Are you an incremental or exponential business owner?
Incremental Business Owner
- Investment Focus: Process Improvements
- Decision Focus: Makes sacrifices for ‘certainty’
- Operational Focus: Manage Expectations
- Planning Horizon: Short term iterative goals
- Requires centralized control
Exponential Business Owner
- Investment Focus: Talent/People
- Decision Focus: Comfortable living ‘uncomfortably’
- Operational Focus: Manage the process
- Planning Horizon: Benchmark-based vision
- Applies agility & empowerment
- Agency earns 100% of carrier-based commissions
- opportunity for growth bonuses, top-tier profit sharing
- Reduced carrier premium commitments
- Risk placement team dedicated to assist with Commercial and High-Net-Worth Personal Placements
- Resources for best practices, annual planning, producer training, growth acceleration, and more
- Annual member meeting, tradeshow, and network event
- Consultation to align the right technology and tools to your agency’s needs
- SEMCI providers (ie Tarmika or SEMSEE)
- Agency data analytics supporting growth decisions
Is FirstChoice right for you?
If your agency is focused on organic growth, striving to optimize efficiencies, and motivated to grow at double digits, then joining FirstChoice should be your next move. As a member, you’ll be among the best and brightest like-minded agencies who leverage proven strategies, access resources to improve operations, and stay competitive in the market.
What makes FirstChoice different?
FirstChoice is your strategic ally to help you build an effective plan for growth. This goes well beyond carrier compensation and market access. It’s about helping your agency create a path forward through strategic planning, technology resources, marketing tools, education and training, and more to build to business.
- No non-competes
- No right of first refusal
- No monthly reporting requirement
- Favorable exit terms
- Remain independent
MarshBerry’s mission is to help FirstChoice members deliver and drive best-in-class outcomes to Commercial & Personal insureds by leveraging the support of our extensive Premier & Strategic Partners.
*Top National, Regional, and Local carrier
markets across the country.
**Insurance Journal. Ranked by 2021 Total P&C
revenue. FirstChoice ranking includes combined
proforma revenue for both First Choice Agents
Alliance and MarshBerry Platform.
Contact the Advisory Team
MarshBerry’s team of advisors are thought leaders and experts in the insurance brokerage and financial services industries. As a client, your firm benefits from their combined hands-on experience and professional designations in finance, accounting and economics. No matter what your needs are, they have the understanding to craft a personalized solution.
Keith Captain is President of FirstChoice, a MarshBerry Company. Under Keith’s leadership, FirstChoice has become one of the fastest growing networks in the country. Recognized as the second largest agency partnership by Insurance Journal, FirstChoice has established agency relationships spanning across 32 states and growing. In his role, Keith was instrumental in establishing a smooth integration between MarshBerry’s Platform and First Choice Agents Alliance − a merger that further dominates and redefines the agency partnership and aggregation space.
Andrew is a staunch believer in agency distribution and is passionate about helping agencies maximize their success and exceed their goals. Andrew uses his sales leadership and consulting experience to develop new relationships and enhance value for existing clients.
Scott is Senior Vice President of FirstChoice, a MarshBerry Company. In his role, he continues to build on the vision of establishing top talent and resources and partnering with members and insurance carriers that foster lifetime relationships. In his role, Scott leads the Eastern half of the United States and helps member agencies drive significant revenue growth through coaching, training, marketing, aggregation, and accountable business planning.
Diane is a lifelong advocate of the independent agency system helping agency owners realize their true potential and value through strategic planning and coaching. In her role, she's committed to helping members build strategic plans for their agencies and set goals for future growth.